The NM Five Group Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice details how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit from), your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Information Received by August
August collects and processes the following personal information about you only if you voluntarily choose to share such information with August:
- Information such as your name, address, phone number and email address, which you provide by completing forms through the Service, upload or submit any material via the Service or request any information from us; in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details; communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site, Service or its content; We may also require you to provide us with your financial information, including billing name, address and credit card number (“Financial Information”) where you choose to use our Service.
- Information from surveys, promotions and competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Site, if you choose to respond to, or participate in them;
- Video/Photos you may upload, work experience and other information we may suggest or you decide to upload to your Profile.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information to us. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Service.
When you visit and interact with the Site, August.co.uk and/or third parties with whom August.co.uk has contracted to provide services to Augustcollection.co.uk, may automatically collect your Internet Protocol Address (“IP Address”), which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider.
This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We use IP Addresses to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site and for fraud prevention purposes.
August' Use of Personal Information August uses the personal information that you provide to us for the following purposes:
- To provide our products and Service to you that you have requested; for billing, identification and authentication, and fraud prevention purposes; to analyse Site usage and improve our products and the Service; to contact you and deliver administrative notices and communications relevant to your use our products and services; for internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity; with your consent, for distribution to third-party contractors that provide services to August and partners of August who are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this Policy;
- Send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including receipt of marketing communications such as our periodic newsletter, provided that you have indicated you are happy to be contacted for these purposes; to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
Although we ensure that our third-party agents (“Agents”) receiving your information are bound by privacy restrictions at least as restrictive as those set forth in this policy, August is not responsible for any issues that may arise regarding the Privacy Policies of any of its affiliates or advertisers.
When you visit the Site or access any August applications, August may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, as well as any website from which you have come to the Site or application. You cannot be identified based on this information and we use it for analysis purposes to:
- Market the Service; Improve and enhance the Service so that it operates more effectively; Increase the likelihood that a group’s experience with the Service is relevant to its interests as a whole.
- August uses data at User level to sell products and services to Users who express an interest in these products and services, through a poll for example, or to Users who can be presumed to have an interest based on browsing habits. August may use your cell phone number to call or text you in order to facilitate the provision of the Service. If you would like more information about our policy, or to opt out, please review our Terms and Conditions or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
August security of collected information Your August account is password-protected so that only you and authorised August staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, please do not give your password to anyone. If someone represents to you they are August staff and asks for any personal account information, including your password, check their URL. If it doesn’t say they are email@example.com, they aren’t. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your August account and close the browser window before someone else logs in. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
August makes every effort to ensure that your information is secure on its system by backing up data in separate back-up drives and uses public key access encryption and firewalls on both our main and backup servers. We also employ customer record managers to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Extremely sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, is always transmitted in encrypted form.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, August cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and would like to remind you that you are doing so at your own risk.
August may disclose Personal Information from both private and public areas of the Site at our discretion, if required by law or by a court order, or if we are given reason to believe, based on our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interference with the rights of Users, the general public or August.
Finally, in the event that August undergoes a re-organisation or is sold to a third party, August reserves the right to transfer, sell and/or distribute all information collected through the Service to an affiliate, subsidiary, or third party.
How can Users edit their information? You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of this information, subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
You also have a right to correct any errors in any information we hold about you. To update your personal info, click My Account at the top of any page. There you can view, update and correct your account information. You may edit your account information at any time -- all you need is your username and password.
Please contact us at support@August.co.uk to find out how to change information you cannot access through your account.Our databases automatically update any Personal Information you edit in your profile, or that you request we edit. Information transmitted through boards, chats, polls or through any other means remains in our databases and becomes the property of August upon submission.
Data storage and international transfers Information that you submit via the Site or application may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA. If you make contact with any User featured on the Site, your details may be transferred outside the EEA. If we transfer your details outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site or application, you agree to this storing, processing and transfer.In addition, if you use our Service whilst you are outside the EEA, your information may be transferred outside the EEA in order to provide you with the Service.
Choice/Opt-Out You may opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners, remove your information from our database and choose to not receive future communications unrelated to the Service.
If you purchase anything through August, we may occasionally contact you with information about special events, sales, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities and programmes. You always have the option to ask August not to contact you with this information again. If you receive unsolicited email from a August-related domain, please contact us at support@August.co.uk.
How can I reach August staff? If you have technical problems, questions or other issues related to your use of the Service, Site or any August application, please use the chat function found on most pages of the Site. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. August’s staff will respond to all requests sent through mail or email from Users interested in knowing more about what personal information is stored on August’s database, or if they want their personal information nullified, or have additional questions regarding privacy.
August Cookie Notice When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit. Like many websites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We may utilise persistent cookies that only August can read and use, to save your login information for future logins to the Service, to assist in processing items in your shopping basket, to hold session information and to track user preferences. We may utilise session ID cookies to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Site and to monitor aggregate usage by our users and web traffic routing on the Service, to track the number of entries in Company promotions, sweepstakes and contests and to identify visited areas of the Site and Service. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log out from the Site and Service and then close your browser. The cookies that we use on our Site are set out below:
Cookie name: Google Analytics (utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
Purpose: Google analytics cookies are used in order to collect information about how visitors use our Site. All data collected via this cookie is anonymous and non user specific. Information includes the number of visitors to the site, where the visitors have come from and which pages they have viewed. This information is important, as it helps us to improve the performance of our Site and monitor our visitor levels. The _utma and _utmb cookies expire after a maximum period of 2 years, unless cookies are cleared before this date. The _utmc cookie is no longer set and the _utmz cookie expires after 6 months, or less if cookies are cleared prior to this date.
More information: Safeguarding your data, Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We may also use retargeting cookies to provide you with personalised adverts or Tasks when you visit other selected websites and we may use Flash cookies (or local shared objects) to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site, to personalise your visit. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the Service.
We and our service providers may also use “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs,” or similar means in connection with the Service and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Users and email recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns and to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. We may also engage one or more third-party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf. They may use a “pixel tag” to collect anonymous information about your visits to this Site and to other websites, and they may use that information to target advertisements for goods and services.
This information is collected anonymously, in a manner that does not personally identify you.